Thursday, August 27, 2015

Day One Interview: Summer Eisert-Wiemelt

Day One Interview: Summer Eisert-Wiemelt 

By: Kristen Skuba

Summer is a smart young lady in the middle of a technological world, and she utilizes her resources. When I sat down to ask her a few questions about technology and ENG 121, she showed me how capable she was technologically, and how organized and ready she was in the classroom. She told me about some of the ways she uses technology. Later, she told me about her goals for the class, and she knows what she wants. 
Q: What forms of writing do you use most often? 
A: Mostly texting, the occasional e-mail.
Q: Do you write e-mails to friends? 
A: Occasionally, if there are no other means of communication.
Q: How do you feel about to-do lists? 
A: I try to do a daily plan and a to-do list, I like to plan things about my day. 
Q: Anything other writing you do every day?
A: I love writing in my journal, but I don’t always remember to. 
Q: Any good or bad previous experiences with writing instruction?
A: I don’t remember anything, but my mom used to be an english teacher.
Q: Have you ever participated in peer workshopping?
A: I did a few times throughout high school, if that’s what you mean.
Q: Are you familiar with computers?
A: Yes, I actually own a computer. [laughs] It’s a funny story, I bought a pc and returned it after four days, after that I bought a mac and I’ve been a fangirl ever since.
Q: How experienced are you at e-mail and navigating the internet?
A: Very experienced. I’ve been using the internet for a long time now. 
Q: How about social media?
A: I do a few things when I’m on the computer, the order goes; Facebook, Reddit, Gmail, Reddit, Gmail, Reddit, Gmail, Facebook.
Q: How familiar are you with our campus library? Are you new to FRCC?
A: I’ve got to say I’m not very familiar with the library. I walked in for 30 seconds, realized I was lost, and then I left. This is my second day at FRCC. So pretty new.


After that we spoke about our goals, I realized Summer and I felt the same way about some things. We both wanted to work on our thesis writing abilities. However, one of her other priorities is learning how to stay on topic longer. While my other goal is trying to make my papers smoother and to work on better transitions. Neither of us really foresaw any problems happening in the class, we were both reasonably excited and feel we are prepared. 


photo: www.smiaware.com


No comments:

Post a Comment