Monday, August 31, 2015

Patterns Chapter Three: Arrangement

Arrangement and Essays

Personal Reaction:

This chapter was very straight-forward to me. There wasn't anything that stood out as being very important, new, information. I actually felt a little bored during this chapter. I do think, however, that if you weren't aware of the arrangement of an essay, it would be very helpful in explaining the parts that make one up. I'm excited to move further into this book because I'm hoping the way it covered this topic is the same way it will cover topics that I actually don't understand. 

Professional Reaction:

It appeared to just be a fairly mundane chapter to continue to get the class rolling while reintroducing important things that everyone in the class may or may not know. The chapter was done very well and was informative without giving excess information. Chapter three, as opposed to chapter one, was a lot about structure, and it did a very good job of moving more towards visuals in order to help the audience understand. Arrangement is something that can be overlooked, and that people may assume is obvious, but it is actually very important to any piece of writing. 

Conclusion:

Arrangement is nothing too exciting, and the chapter-while short- seemed to be repetitive not of itself but of knowledge that I had already learned year after year. As I said earlier, I am excited to see how this book works with me when trying to teach me new things, as opposed to reintroducing me to old ideas.

-Kristen Skuba
photo: rit.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment