Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Blog Review #2 - Clayton Peppler

Plan: I think that we could improve our blog by making the navigation bar for individual authors a little easier to use. I liked how easy it was on naju-ng.tumblr.com, so maybe this is something that we could implement on our website. In order to execute this task, I would have to talk with my other blog mates that way it is done in a manner that we can all agree on. Also, I am not very techy, so we would need to put all five brains together to fulfill this task.

Discuss: I chose to review the blog naju-ng.tumblr.com. The authors of this blog chose to use the website tumblr, which I thought was an interesting but effective choice. I really liked how easy it was to navigate through their blog. The layout and format of the website is clean and concise. I did not, however, enjoy how bland the website was. The entire blog is white upon white. I think that it would be more effective if the authors added some kind of theme or color scheme to brighten up the blog. I think that if the blog had some more color, it would be a lot more inviting and attractive to the reader.  I also like that the authors used pictures that they took themselves, rather than a page filled with stock photos. I think that these photos make the blog much more personable to the reader. As I was scrolling through the posts, I found that some of them did not have proper grammar or formatting, which really distracted me from what they had to say. This is something that can be fixed simply by putting their posts into a word document before hand and using spell check to catch some of these silly mistakes. Besides the grammar mistakes of the posts, the content was interesting and intriguing. Two things that I could not find on the blog were their “mission statement” and a blogroll. 

Overall, my biggest praise for the blog is its ease of use. I think that it is executed nicely but could use some tweaks here and there; but what blog doesn’t need something tweaked. I think that if they added some color, the blog could be very nice. 

Profile Picture of Naju

Photo from: http://naju-ng.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment