Wednesday, November 11, 2015



ETHOS, PATHOS, LOGOS


Ethos: 
It is the ethical appeal. 
It is the part of the argument that appeals to the credibility or knowledge of the author on a specific subject 
1. I will use reliable sources to talk about the influence of media on young girls and women.
2. I will cite psychologist and scholars who have studied the impacts that the media has on the psyche of the viewers.
3. I will talk about my personal reaction  as a woman and as a  mother with the images and messages I receive from the ads and the media. I will present my views in a fair way not to compromise my credibility.

Pathos:
It is the emotional appeal. It is trying to establish an emotional connection with the reader.
1. I will use examples that are easily recognizable by the reader. The readers is also exposed to advertisement and observes the media, so by choosing the right case studies or examples I will gain the sympathy of the reader. 

Logos: 
It is the part of the argument that appeals to the logic and reasoning.
1. I will be thoughtful about how to structure my argument so my reasoning and logic appears easily to the reader.
2. I will use the evidence from medical and psychological studies, to support my arguments.

3. I will get my evidence in reputable medical databases. 

No comments:

Post a Comment