Thursday, November 5, 2015

Ethos, Pathos, Logos

Ethos-
Ethos is the credibility of a speaker or author etc. It basically determines weather or not it is worth listening to the author. Somebody who has more credibility is worth listening to, compared to somebody who does not know much about the subject.
Support Bits- 
1. I will talk about how I have eaten organic food all throughout my life.
2. I will mention how I helped my dad with many organic gardens.
3. I will talk about my prior knowledge on how and why conventional, processed foods can be harmful.

Pathos- 
Pathos is the emotional aspect of writing. It is about connecting to the reader. It is the use of emotion to convince the reader to listen to the author.
Support Bits-
1. I will be understanding when it comes to why some people can't afford organic food, and I will provide information on which conventional foods it is important to avoid altogether.
2. I will be thoughtful with the fact some people don't know the facts about organic food.
3. I will not judge a person's choice to eat conventionally grown and processed foods.

Logos- 
Logos uses reason, facts, and evidence to support and persuade an argument.
Support Bits-
1. I will provide lots of information on the benefits of eating organic food vs conventionally grown, processed, and "all-natural" food.
2. I will provide information on why and how GMO's are harmful to ourselves, and the environment.
3. I will use credible sources to back up my information.

google from google images

No comments:

Post a Comment